Monday, July 7, 2014

Have we failed as a community?

I write this, first and foremost as a reminder to myself, my family, my siblings, my kins.

Today I find myself asking this question, "have we, the Malaysian Malay Muslims failed as a society?"

We have policies that have made some of us rich beyond the wildest dreams, private jets, limos millions and billions.

Yet we have fellow Muslim that breakfasts dengan nasi air dan air sejuk.  We have handicapped children uncared for.  Our children abused and our babies killed / flushed by their very own parents.

Is indeed heart wrenching whenever we hear of those that slipped through the very net that were designed to help them. The very net that had enriched some beyond belief.

These people, the unfortunate ones, the children within our community are not simply objects and targets for CSR. They are our brothers and sisters, which makes their children our children too. We must care for them and their children as our community supposed to be. As commanded by our GOD.

If we do not take heed of our shortcomings in this holy month of Ramadhan, when will we?


No comments:

Post a Comment